Collins Big Cat - The Owl and the Pussycat: Band 00/Lilac
- This illustrated wordless version of the poem “The Owl and the Pussycat” by Edward Lear is told through the beautiful artwork of award-winning illustrator Polly Dunbar.
- Lilac/Band 0 books are wordless books that tell a story through pictures and are designed to develop understanding about how stories work.
- Children can recap the story of the owl and the pussycat using the pictures in the story map on pages 14–15.
- Text type: A wordless story
- Curriculum links: Personal, social and emotional development
Collins Big Cat supports every primary child on their reading journey from phonics to fluency. Top authors and illustrators have created fiction and non-fiction books that children love to read. Book banded for guided and independent reading, there are reading notes in the back, comprehensive teaching and assessment support and ebooks available.
Collins Big Cat is a whole-school reading programme that provides complete support for primary reading. Children will become fluent readers through hundreds of high-quality fiction and non-fiction banded books by award-winning authors and illustrators. In-depth teaching resources support you in developing and assessing key reading skills at all stages from early reading through to phonics, to guided, whole-class and independent reading for more confident readers.