- In stock
Provide students with a strong understanding of religion with high quality, engaging and content-rich resources building a firm foundation for the new GCSE 9-1 Religious Studies.
Deliver a rich, coherent RE course at KS3 and equip pupils with a deep understanding of religion with ready-made, flexible and high quality KS3 lessons.
‘Knowing Religion’ is written by an author team of experienced RE teachers and led by series editor Robert Orme of West London Free School.
• Discover the history and beliefs of Buddhism as well as Buddhism in the modern world
• Start teaching straight away with Teacher Guide resources available on Collins Connect, including teaching ideas and support along with answers to questions in the student books
• Give pupils the grounding they need to excel at GCSE RS
• Ignite an interest in religion through a compelling narrative, fascinating facts and extraordinary people
• Aid pupil memory with a ‘knowledge organiser’ at the end of each unit covering key vocabulary, people, places, and dates
• Spark discussion and assess understanding with questions for each lesson including longer-form discursive questions to provide extended writing and essay practice
• Each book structured as 16 lessons to offer flexibility and map onto the school timetable with ease
• The ‘Knowing Religion’ series also includes resources on Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Hinduism and Sikhism
- ”'Knowing Religion provides essential grounding and practice for the demands of the new GCSE course.”- Lisa James, Curriculum Leader of Religion and Philosophy, Cardiff High School
- ”'The structure of the books is excellent, and the explanations of religious concepts and practices are concise and succinct.”- Prabhjap Singh Jutla, The British Sikh School
- ”'Knowing Religion not only provides a good grounding for further RE studies but also equips students with skills that will be transferable to a wide variety of learning contexts”- Debbie Smith, R.E. Co-ordinator, Ovingham Middle School
- ”'The structure and organisation of the information in Knowing Religion is very logical which makes it easy to understand. The chronology of events enables students to get a deeper understanding of the background of religious beliefs and teachings.”- Ms. Shazia Iqbal, Director of Humanities, Whitworth Community High School