- In stock
Ant and Snail decide to have a race. Ant speeds off and is soon in the lead, but when Ant trips over and fall in a pit, he is glad when Snail arrives to help him. This story is illustrated in bright 3D colour by Jon Stuart.
• Red / Band 2A – A simple traditional story
• Text type – Fiction
• The focus phonemes for this book are ai, f, n, and r. Other phonemes practised are s, a, ta, i, p, c/k, e, o, d, g, u, h.
• Children can follow and discuss the route taken by Ant and Snail using the map on the final spread.
• Paul Shipton also wrote Yellow 3 Bart the Shark and The Sun and The Moon.
• This book has been quizzed for Accelerated Reader.