- In stock
Collins brings the Queen of Crime, Agatha Christie, to English language learners.
Agatha Christie is the most widely published author of all time and in any language. Now Collins has adapted her famous detective novels for English language learners. These carefully adapted versions are shorter with the language targeted at upper-intermediate learners (CEF level B2).
Each reader includes:
• A CD with a reading of the adapted story
• Helpful notes on characters
• Cultural and historical notes relevant to the plot
• A glossary of the more difficult words
It is World War II and Britain’s best secret agent has been murdered. The murderers are Nazi agents, known only as N and M, and could be anyone. The only clue points towards the sleepy seaside village of Leahampton and its busy guesthouse, Sans Souci.
Tommy and Tuppence Beresford, Britain’s most unlikely spies, accept the mission to find N and M. No one can be trusted…
- ‘As a teacher using the Amazing People ELT Readers in an Extensive Reading Project, I’m as happy as my students are: motivating topics/real people, interesting facts and a great alternative to Graded Reader fiction. Having said that, the same class is also reading books from the Agatha Christie series, and enjoying them very much. Their Reading Diaries are full of questions, speculation about who-dunnit and comments about “unputdownability”. The buzz in the classroom when we’re swopping books is tangible.’Hania Bociek, Zürich, Switzerland