- In stock
The home of trusted French dictionaries for everyday language learning.
The world’s leading large French to English and English to French dictionary, a joint collaboration between Collins and Le Robert, revised and updated to cover all the latest vocabulary in both languages – perfect for professionals and advanced learners of French.
With more than 310,000 words, meanings and phrases and 500,000 translations.
• This edition has been revised to include all the latest vocabulary from a wide range of fields, including new additions from the fields of the Internet, the environment and economics.
• Culture boxes explain the origins of phrases from literature, film and popular culture to aid translation and improve your understanding of French popular culture.
• Long and complex entries benefit from a clear structure and layout, with key phrases, idioms and set grammatical structures highlighted.
• Acclaimed “Language in Use” supplement contains hundreds of examples of usage in real-life contexts such as essay writing, email and telephone conversations to help you use French fluently and naturally.
• Includes detailed colour maps of the English and French-speaking worlds.