- Released in 51 days
An introductory atlas for secondary schools, perfectly designed to support and motivate Key Stage 3 students in geographical and mapping skills.
Featuring 96 pages of clear, easy to read maps, satellite images, an atlas skills section and hundreds of statistics.
• This introductory atlas for secondary school students aged 11-14 is designed to help students develop map, atlas and data handling skills. The content adheres closely to the requirements of the National Curriculum and incorporates results of classroom testing.
• Its clear and accessible layout will motivate pupils of all abilities at Key Stage 3 and S1-S2. An easy to follow introductory 'map and atlas skills' section, useful for both teacher and pupil, is followed by clear, easy to read reference maps presented with locator maps, fact boxes and flags, descriptive text, detailed map keys and photos.
• Carefully selected focus country studies include mapping on contrasting regions and special topics.
• The latest available country-by-country statistics are listed in a separate section and the index includes full latitude and longitude values.
• The extended world section in this edition covers all the global issues required by the National Curriculum e.g. climate, population, biomes, earthquakes and volcanoes.
• Colour coding of the titling and marginalia aids the identification of the sections within the atlas.
- An atlas that is much more than just an atlas, this colourful book brings together masses of historical, geographical and environmental information about the planet we live on and organises it in an engaging way.