Collins Big Cat - Whole-class Reading Handbook Copper to Topaz: Complete teaching and assessment support
Digital download and online
- Detailed support for both collaborative whole-class reading sessions and independent sessions for every Big Cat book.
- Supports practice of reading comprehension strategies through focused, targeted lesson plans and resource sheets,
ensuring every pupil reaches age-related expectations.
- Includes advice for demonstration and modelling in every lesson plan, supporting pupils in developing key skills such as inference and deduction from the start.
- Vocabulary Boost sessions for every book to extend pupils’ expressive and receptive vocabulary.
- Formative and summative assessment opportunities to fully assess pupil progress in reading.
- Matches to the current programmes of study for English, Science, History and Geography.
Collins Big Cat supports every primary child on their reading journey from phonics to fluency. Top authors and illustrators have created fiction and non-fiction books that children love to read. Book banded for guided and independent reading, there are reading notes in the back, comprehensive teaching and assessment support and ebooks available.
Collins Big Cat is a whole-school reading programme that provides complete support for primary reading. Children will become fluent readers through hundreds of high-quality fiction and non-fiction banded books by award-winning authors and illustrators. In-depth teaching resources support you in developing and assessing key reading skills at all stages from early reading through to phonics, to guided, whole-class and independent reading for more confident readers.