- In stock
Collins Big Cat Phonics for Letters and Sounds features exciting fiction and non-fiction decodable readers to enthuse and inspire children. They are fully aligned to Letters and Sounds Phases 1–6 and contain notes in the back. The Handbooks provide support in demonstration and modelling, monitoring comprehension and expanding vocabulary.
The Collins Big Cat Phonics for Letters and Sounds Handbook provides full support for integrating the Big Cat series into your phonic teaching, including:
- targeted lesson plans that guide practice of reading comprehension strategies and vocabulary development, ensuring every pupil reaches age-related expectations.
- advice for demonstration and modelling, supporting pupils in developing fluency and correct pronunciation from the start.
- engaging phonic activities and resource sheets allow further exploration of every phoneme and grapheme in Letters and Sounds in the context of each Big Cat book.
- support for using every Big Cat Phonics for Letters and Sounds book in a phonics reading session, aligned with Letters and Sounds.
- formative and summative assessment opportunities to fully assess pupil progress in phonic learning.
- links to the current programmes of study for English, Science, History and Geography.