- In stock
A delightful tale of victory against all odds from master storyteller, Michael Morpurgo, lavishly illustrated by Michael Foreman.
“Every fox in the whole town, in the whole country just about, is a football fan… And we all have an impossible dream.”
In a cosy den under a garden shed lives a family of foxes. They love to watch football – all foxes do. But their favourite team keeps losing and losing, and it seems like things will never look up.
That is, until Daddy Fox finds the ghost of a king, buried underneath a car park. A king who wishes only to be free.
“Release me,” says the Ghost King, “and I can do anything. Just tell me your greatest wish.”
For these football-loving foxes, might everything be about to change…?
- ”'This is a heart-warming tale for animal lovers and footbal fans alike”The Guardian
- ”'Michael Morpurgo has an impeccable track record in bringing historical events to life”The Daily Mail
- ”'This sweet story weaves Michael Morpurgo's effortless storytelling with ancient and very recent history.”Booktrust
- ”'Michael Morpurgo writes brilliantly about war and animals, conveying the big emotions without preaching.”Guardian
- ”'Champagne quality over a wide range of subjects.”Daily Telegraph
- ”'There are few children’s writers as compelling as Michael Morpurgo.”Daily Express
- ”'Morpurgo, as always, is subtle and skilful, and incorporates social and moral issues into his writing without being self-righteous or detracting from the quality of the narrative”Elizabeth Reilly, British Council
- ”'The former children's laureate has the happy knack of speaking to both child and adult readers.”Guardian