Help your students make good progress in Key Stage 3 English, with all the extra teaching resources and automarked practice activities available on Collins Connect. This one-year subscription gives you unlimited student and teacher logins.
The Aiming for series offers student-friendly explanations and activities to build, develop and extend students’ literacy skills, showing them precisely what they need to do to progress.
Whether you're looking for a one-off lesson, snappy starters or a longer programme of study, these flexible resources are designed to fit around the needs of your teaching and your classes.
Now refreshed to reflect the text types and skills in the new Key Stage 3 curriculum, the resources include new lessons on grammar, summary and synthesis, literary non-fiction and Shakespeare.
This Aiming for subscription is the perfect starting point for students arriving at secondary school with a secure Level 3 or a low Level 4 in reading and writing. It will help you to
•target areas of underperformance, with a chapter on each key reading skill written at the right level by experienced teachers and consultants
• develop the essential reading and commentary skills with clear, accessible explanations, inspiring examples and lively follow-up activities
•build confidence in grammar by exploring the effects of writers’ choices
•motivate and engage students, with exciting stimulus texts, fresh approaches to learning and a clear, colourful layout
•embed Assessment for Learning in your day-to-day teaching, with clear learning objectives, criteria for self and peer assessment on every double-page, and end of chapter checklists to help students understand how to progress
•gather evidence for periodic assessments, with the ‘Apply your skills’ tasks designed to build writing stamina and independence
•plan ahead without the stress, with ready-to-use lessons and teacher guidance to support each chapter
•support the transition to Key Stage 3 by reinforcing and building on the reading skills taught at Key Stage 2
•lay the foundations for GCSE success, with coverage of new skills such as summary and synthesis, and an expanded focus on Shakespeare and literary non-fiction.
- ‘An ideal starting point for planning review lessons or for One to One tuition ideas. Good range of texts all linked to APP statements.‘
- A. Butler, Amazon.co.uk
- ‘Overall, I love the concept of these books. As a school which is supposed to be leading on APP, I would find them very useful in terms of supporting individual students with curricular targets.’
- Katy Wayne, Heathfield Community College
- ‘The Chapter Opener, Check Your Progress and Level Booster Features are wonderful’
- Rav Bali, English Consultant, Bolton