- In stock
A new classroom course based on unscripted and authentic listening materials
Real Lives, Real Listening will teach students vital skills they need to listen more effectively to English, however it is spoken. Through authentic recordings the course exposes students to the grammatical structures and lexis which are used most frequently in spoken English throughout the world.
This new edition from Collins combines all three topics into one book.
• MP3 CD with authentic interviews featuring native and non-native speakers of English
• detailed comprehension and practice exercises
• includes information on simplification, linking, elision and weak forms
• teacher’s notes and answer keys available at www.collinselt.com
Real Lives, Real Listening will boost students’ confidence and raise their awareness of the differences between spoken and written English. Created by Sheila Thorn of The Listening Business, the series reflects the latest academic theories on the importance of authentic listening practice in language acquisition.
Suitable for learners at Intermediate level (CEF level B1–B2)
- ‘Real Lives Real Listening is outstanding. Unlike much so-called 'listening' material, it focuses systematically on the problems that really prevent learners from understanding natural speech, and does so through interesting and motivating activities. Highly recommended.’–Michael Swan
- ‘Sheila Thorn’s work leads the field in helping learners to engage with real speakers in real contexts. An outstanding resource for teachers and students alike.’–Professor Ron Carter
- ‘An innovative series that offers a fresh and practical approach to developing listening skills by means of authentic texts.’–Dr John Field