- In stock
The hotly-anticipated next novel from NUMBER ONE bestselling author, David Walliams
*wears his slippers to the supermarket
*serves up Spam à la Custard for dinner
*and often doesn’t remember Jack’s name
But he can still take to the skies in a speeding Spitfire and save the day…
An exquisite portrait of the bond between a small boy and his beloved Grandpa – this book takes readers on an incredible journey with Spitfires over London and Great Escapes through the city in a high octane adventure full of comedy and heart.
Illustrated by the award-winning Tony Ross.
- PRAISE FOR DAVID WALLIAMS:“A pleasure to read. A beguilingly funny, original and thought-provoking tale… hilarious” – Amanda Craig, The Times
- “I absolutely love David Walliams's books. In a few more years they will become classics” – Sue Townsend, author of Adrian Mole, Guardian
- “The new Roald Dahl” – Evening Standard
- "A triumphant mix of wit and warmth" – Telegraph Books of the Year
- “Ridiculously over-the-top and utterly delightful “ – Spectator
- "Another triumph for David Walliams. His books are a breath of wonderful fresh air" – Sun
- ”David Walliams”children’s books are now guaranteed bestsellers… watch this fly off the shelves” – Daily Mail
- “Delightfully funny” – Metro