- In stock
Projects Inspired by Architecture provides stimulating ideas for exploring architecture through art and demonstrates wide-ranging applications of architecture across the globe. Chapters cover: Building with Vision; Around the World in 10 Buildings; Community Buildings; Ancient Worlds; Architecture in Stories; Building Britain; Getting from A to B.
• Practical starting points to engage the whole class.
• Inspiring ideas for cross-curricular activities and displays.
• Clear and informative illustrations show real-life classroom displays.
• Resource lists and step-by-step instructions to help with lesson planning.
- ”'This wonderful book provides teachers with innovative ways of encouraging children's exploration of the significance of architectural design throughout the world and across time. Delightful images of children's creative work undertaken during such explorations demonstrate the wealth of emerging individual and group ideas. Most work was undertaken by KS2 but ideas can easily be adapted for younger children. Once children have worked on these projects they will look at the world in the different light.”Jean Evans, educational consultant and author