- In stock
Improve the way you communicate in English when working internationally – it’s as much about how you say it as what you say!
You need more than just a good level of English to communicate successfully in international business. Collins Effective International Business Communication gives you clear and practical advice to help you to communicate successfully with colleagues and business partners around the world, using the English you already know.
• Part 1 will help you with speaking and listening, with practical ideas to help you create better understanding with colleagues and business partners.
• Part 2 covers key interpersonal skills , such as building relationships, networking, influencing, making decisions, managing conflict and building trust.
• Part 3 considers the challenges of virtual communication with colleagues at a distance, with advice on how to write better emails and manage conference calls.
• Each unit features tip boxes, model conversations and case studies
Work environments today are increasingly complex – with greater demands on time there is more emphasis on choosing the right form of communication at the right time. You need to be able to work with colleagues at a distance and build and maintain relationships with people at home and abroad. Effective International Business Communication will help you to build the relationships you need to be successful.
Can be used for self-study or by Business English trainers who want their clients to get results.
CEF level B2–C1 / Upper Intermediate – Advanced
- ‘As well as being ideal for self-study, this title would also be a useful addition to a business English teacher’s bookshelf as it covers a range of theoretical aspects of business, eg relationship-building styles, and also contains a selection of up-to-date functional language. Needless to say, it is also a good source of lesson ideas.’Julie Allen, Exeter, UK, English Teaching professional (Issue 89 November 2013)
- ”'Finally, modern, well-written and practical Business English texts that are perfect for reference and/or classroom use.”Peter A. Lewis-Watts, Certified ESL Instructor, Barrie, Ontario, Canada.