- In stock
Read by Derek Jacobi and Michael Morpurgo
Set on a farm in rural Devon, this is a collection of Grandpa’s reminiscences and stories as told to his grandson. Grandpa’s nature and his touching relationship with the boy is evoked superbly by Michael Morpurgo’s writing.
This two-voice read brings the characters to life as the story of Grandpa’s ‘shame’ (the fact that he cannot read and write) unfolds.
Derek Jacobi is sensitive and compelling in the role of Grandpa, inspiring a true sense of achievement and triumph as he finally tells his own story in his own words.
- ‘Here is a very important book, combining the very best of storytelling and illustration.’JUNIOR EDUCATION
- ‘If there are such things as contemporary classics, then this, surely is one of them.’Daily Mail
- ”Praise for SHADOW:'As ever, Morpurgo's warmth and humanity suffuse a story of courage, love and hope.”Amanda Craig, The Times
- ”Praise for SHADOW:'As ever, Morpurgo's warmth and humanity suffuse a story of courage, love and hope.”- Amanda Craig, The Times
- ”'passionate and touching”Julia Eccleshare, Lovereading
- ”'passionate and touching”- Julia Eccleshare, Lovereading