- Out of stock
Put the fun into functional skills with specially written engaging real-life situations that use mathematics. Students will become confident in applying maths to a range of problems that prepare them for work and life. Ready-to-use tasks can be slotted into everyday GCSE Maths lessons to cover Level 1 and Level 2 functional skills.
- Develop problem solving skills with 40 totally new and inspiring topics, some familiar and some unfamiliar, grouped into three sections: beginner, improver, advanced
- Build, apply and secure the functional and process skills that are integral to the 2010 GCSE Maths Specifications
- Challenge students at all levels with open questions that can be approached in different ways
- Encourage discussion and collaboration between students to encourage team work and responsibility
- Make mathematics relevant and useful, with scenarios such as Coastguard Search and Rescue, and Investigating Design and Cost in Tea Bag Production
- Promote self-assessment with 'How did you find these tasks?' questions at the end of each topic