- In stock
Collins Big Cat provides a range of interactive resources that develop literacy skills. They are designed to be used in conjunction with the printed books by children working in groups or pairs. They can also be used with the whole class. They provide: talking books, active books, electronic big books, a ClipArt library and book review section.
Talking Books give children the opportunity to:
• Listen to the story as it is read aloud on screen
• Read along to the audio following the text and pictures
• Read the text on screen without audio support
• Check each word individually with an audio prompt
• Follow up with a range of interactive activities that relate to text, word and sentence level learning objectives.
Animation and sound effects support comprehension and engage the reader.
Talking books featured: The New Kite; Where is My School? Funny Fish; Bert’s Band; Sounds; I Want a Pet; Spines, Stings and Teeth;
Active Books are designed as interactive electronic texts. They provide children with the opportunity to influence the development of a story, making choices and determining outcomes. The Active Book is The Pet Show, linked to I Want a Pet (Green/ Band 5).
Electronic Big Books are ideal for:
• Whole class/ group work
• use on an interactive whiteboard
• generating group discussion
• use in plenary sessions
ClipArt library contains a collection of ClipArt characters and objects from the books, ideal for customizing worksheets, record sheets and own work, making models and creating presentations.
Book Review is a downloadable form for the reader to fill in as a personal record of their own reading.
- “This is a really fantastic resource, which does everything it claims to do, with the additional appeal of being motivating and interesting for children. They won’t want to stop using it, teaching reading and literacy skills will seem effortless.”Schoolzone