- In stock
In this rip-roaring story a young boy delights in explaining how his alphabet starts where our alphabet ends. Carrying on beyond Z for zebra, we find letter Yuzz for Yuzz-a-ma-Tuzz, and Glikk as in Glikker, who lives in wild weeds and spends his time juggling with cinnamon seeds…
With his unique combination of hilarious stories, zany pictures and riotous rhymes, Dr. Seuss has been delighting young children and helping them learn to read for over fifty years. Creator of the wonderfully anarchic Cat in the Hat, and ranked among the UK’s top ten favourite children’s authors, Dr. Seuss is a global best-seller, with over 650 million books sold worldwide.
As part of a major rebrand programme, HarperCollins is relaunching Dr. Seuss’s best-selling books. In response to consumer demand, bright new cover designs incorporate much-needed guidance on reading levels. The standard paperbacks divide into three reading strands – Blue Back Books for parents to share with young children, Green Back Books for budding readers to tackle on their own, and Yellow Back Books for older, more fluent readers to enjoy. This is a Yellow Back book.
- Praise for Dr. Seuss:“[Dr. Seuss] has…instilled a lifelong love of books, learning and reading [in children]” The Telegraph
- “Dr. Seuss ignites a child’s imagination with his mischievous characters and zany verses” The Express
- “The magic of Dr. Seuss, with his hilarious rhymes, belongs on the family bookshelf” Sunday Times Magazine
- “The author… has filled many a childhood with unforgettable characters, stunning illustrations, and of course, glorious rhyme” The Guardian
- Praise for And To Think That I Saw it On Mulberry Street:“The cleverest book I have met with for many years. The swing and merriment of the pictures and the natural truthful simplicity of the untruthfulness.”Beatrix Potter, author of The Tale of Peter Rabbit