- Out of stock
If I Ran the Zoo welcomes yong readers to the crazy world of Gerald McGrew, who dreams of transforming his local zoo into a madcap menagerie of wierd and wonderful beasts.
His New Zoo, McGrew Zoo would be “better than Noah’s whole Ark”, with an amazing array of animals, ranging from the incredible Thwerll, whose legs are snarled up in a terrible snerl, to the family of Joats, whose feet are like cows’ but wear squirrel-skin coats!
This delightful book forms part of the second stage in HarperCollins’ major Dr. Seuss rebrand programme. With the relaunch of 10 more titles in August 2003, such all-time favourites as ‘How the Grinch Stole Christmas!’, ‘Mr. Brown Can Moo! Can You?’ and ‘Dr. Seuss’s Sleep Book’ boast bright new covers that incorporate much-needed guidance on reading levels: Blue Back Books are for parents to share with young children, Green Back Books are for budding readers to tackle on their own, and Yellow Back Books are for older, more fluent readers to enjoy. ‘If I Ran the Zoo’ belongs to the Yellow Back Book range.
- “[Dr. Seuss] has…instilled a lifelong love of books, learning and reading [in children]” – The Telegraph
- “Dr. Seuss ignites a child’s imagination with his mischievous characters and zany verses” – The Express
- “The magic of Dr. Seuss, with his hilarious rhymes, belongs on the family bookshelf” – Sunday Times Magazine
- “The author… has filled many a childhood with unforgettable characters, stunning illustrations, and of course, glorious rhyme” – The Guardian
- “Dr. Seuss ignites a child's imagination with his mischievous characters and zany verses.” – The Express