- In stock
A comprehensive text on Elizabethan and Stuart history.
Includes historical interpretations, document source questions, explanation of difficult words and concepts and a study skills section for exam preparation.
• Britain 1558-1689: A Synoptic Assessment
• Elizabeth I and Religion
• Elizabethan Foreign Policy
• Elizabethan Government and Finance
• Elizabethan Social and Economic History
• James I, Religion, Parliament, Foreign Policy
• The Causes of the Civil Wars
• The Civil Wars and Interregnum, including an in-depth study of Cromwell
• Charles II
• James II, William III and the Glorious Revolution of 1668-9
- TES review of the first book in the series (Britain 1815-1918):
- Put out more flagsHard-pressed heads of History with budgets to manage must have been waiting impatiently for years for someone to reinvent the one-volume textbook at a reasonable price. Collins have done it.