Are you looking to invigorate your phonic lessons? Song of Soundsis a dynamic hands-on programme that meets the learning needs of your whole class – and puts the fun back into phonics.
What is Song of Sounds?
- Multi-sensory with kinaesthetic, auditory and visual activities that reinforce skills through a variety of learning styles making it ideal for pupils with English as a second language.
- Song is integral to the programme to help children remember every phoneme, a highly active approach with whole-body actions and lots of games to aid learning.
- Carefully differentiated, contains support and challenge tips to cater for every child in the classroom.
- Bring phonics to life with a fresh, lively, hands-on approach to teaching phonics with engaging, interactive activities that reinforce learning.
- Created and developed in the classroom by teachers, Liz Webster and Sue Reed, whose school saw a 90% success rate in the 2015 screening check.
How does it work?
What does it contain?
- The Song of Sounds carry case is a one-stop shop for all your phonic needs, and contains the following:
- Audio CD
- Teacher’s Handbook
- Resource CD
- Green words and sentence cards
- Tricky word cards
- Phoneme stars
- Phoneme finder sheet
- Lotto game
- Classroom frieze
Phonics in 2014 Programme of Study