We are delighted to be running a series of free Phonics Roadshows on behalf of the Department for Education that will showcase best practice in the teaching of systematic synthetic phonics. The roadshows will take place in host schools across the Midlands, South and East of England.
The training will be delivered by phonics expert, Charlotte Raby from the Children’s Reading Company and Jo Jackson.
Research shows children who read for pleasure are more likely to succeed.
Help every child become a reader:
- Teaching phonics and practising reading in decodable books at the right level
- Teaching fluency and prosody as the vehicle for reading comprehension and vocabulary development
- Assessing regularly to ensure all children make rapid progress and no child is left behind
- How to create a rich reading culture
- A learning walk to see best practice in systematic synthetic phonics teaching
- Research-based evidence woven through the sessions
- Practical activities and ideas to take away
Reception and Key Stage One teachers with an interest in improving the teaching of systematic synthetic phonics, practising phonics through decodable books and implementing the teaching of phonics into reading sessions.Up to 3 teachers are invited to attend per school:
- One Reception Teacher
- One Key Stage One Teacher
- One Senior Leader