50 Random Acts of Kindness for kids during lockdown
This list was compiled by parent blogger and author Becky Goddard-Hill.
1.Give someone an unexpected compliment.
2. Make a thank you not for your parents / carers.
3. Make a book mark for your aunty / uncle and pop it in the post.
4. Help make dinner.
5. Gift your weekly pocket money to a charity.
6. Make a parcel for a homeless person.
7. Sort out your old toys for a charity shop.
8. Feed the ducks (seeds not bread).
9. Tidy your room without being asked.
10. Give someone (you know) a big hug.
11. Offer to read to someone.
12. Bake a cake for your family.
13. Play a game you know your sibling loves.
14. Ask someone how their day was and really LISTEN to the answer.
15. Smile at a passer-by.
16. Tell someone why you like them.
17. Plant something.
18. Have a no complain day.
19. Call a friend and ask them how they are.
20. Do a chore without being asked.
21. Chalk a message saying hello gorgeous on the pavement.
22. Put out some water for the birds.
23. Make a beautiful posy of paper flowers & tie it to your fence.
24. Colour in and send a hello postcard to a pal.
25. Sign up to post pals and write to a poorly child.
26. Write inspiring words on stones (like calm, breathe and peace) and leave them around your neighbourhood.
27. Give your pet a big cuddle.
28. Make a be kind poster and display it in your window.
29. Leave a thank you note above your post box.
30. Do something kind for yourself.
31. Make a playlist for your parents of all their favourite songs.
32. Do a litter pick.
33. Make wildflower seed bombs.
34. Email your sports coach and tell them what they mean to you.
35. Wash your family car.
36. Do a sponsored skip/walk/silence and raise money for charity.
37. Write to your MP about something that could be better in your area.
38. Leave a little heart made on pebbles on your path.
39. Make a simple bird feeder.
40. Learn a dance with your siblings and perform it for your grandparents on zoom.
41. Show an interest in a family member's hobby.
42. Make everyone's bed for them.
43. Draw a picture for someone your miss.
44. Make a heart out of leaves or flowers and leave in the park.
45. Start a dinner time conversation telling everyone your favourite things about them.
46. Send a thank you message to your teacher.
47. Help empty the dishwasher.
48. Find a positive quote and make it into a lovely sign to put on your fridge.
49. Start a food box collection for a food bank.
50. Leave a thank you not stuck to your dustbin.
To download the pdf click here.
Becky Goddard-Hill is the co-author of Create Your Own Happy, Be Happy Be You and author of Create Your Own Calm and Create Your Own Kindness.