- In stock
What's it really like to go on safari? What do you take? What will you find? Go on a journey with Jonathan and Angela Scott to the famous game parks of Kenya, and discover the excitement, the wonder and the dangers of travelling into the wild.
• Emerald/Band 15 books provide a widening range of genres including science fiction and biography, prompting more ways to respond to texts.
• Text type: A non-chronological report.
• The diary entry of a day on safari on pages 46-47 provides a fascinating example for children of being on safari.
• Additional information retrieval devices such as a glossary and index can be evaluated for their usefulness as children develop critical reading skills.
• Curriculum links: Geography: Passport to the world; Art and Design: Journeys; Citizenship: Animals and us.
• This book has been quizzed for Accelerated Reader.