- In stock
Completely hilarious … kind of The League of Gentlemen for kids' Zoe Ball
Shabba me whiskers! It's a bold new look for Mr Gum, the best-selling cult classic, ready for a new generation of nibbleheads.
‘It’s time for action,’ said Mr Gum to nobody in particular. ‘Nasty action.’
Good evening. Mr Gum is a complete horror who hates children, animals, fun and corn on the cob. This book’s all about him. And an angry fairy who lives in his bathtub. And Jake the dog, and a little girl called Polly. And there’s heroes and sweets and adventures and EVERYTHING.
You’re a Bad Man, Mr Gum! is the first book in the internationally best-selling series by Andy Stanton, which has won everything from the Blue Peter Book Award (twice) to the Roald Dahl Funny Prize and the Red House Children’s Book Award.
Don't miss Mr Gum's other villainously brilliant adventures…
You're a Bad Man, Mr Gum!
Mr Gum and the Biscuit Billionaire
Mr Gum and the Goblins
Mr Gum and the Power Crystals
Mr Gum and the Dancing Bear
What's for Dinner, Mr Gum?
Mr Gum and the Cherry Tree
Mr Gum and the Secret Hideout
Andy Stanton studied English at Oxford but they kicked him out. Before becoming a children’s writer he was a film script reader, a market researcher, an NHS lackey, a part-time sparrow and a grape. He is best known for the hilarious, bestselling and award-winning Mr Gum series and has also written picture books, including Danny McGee Drinks the Sea. Andy lives in North London and likes cartoons, books and music (even jazz).
David Tazzyman studied illustration at Manchester Metropolitan University. As well as illustrating the Mr Gum series, he has illustrated many picture books Eleanor's Eyebrows, You Can't Take an Elephant on the Bus, Michael Rosen's Jelly Boots, Smelly Boots and My Mum's Growing Down by Laura Dockrill. He lives in Leicester with his wife and three sons.
- Completely hilarious . . . kind of The League of Gentlemen for kids', Zoe Ball
- 'They're the funniest books . . . I can't recommend them enough', Stephen Mangan
- ''My kids are reading the Mr Gum books. SO GREAT' - Lauren Laverne, BBC Radio 6 DJ, TV presenter, author and comedian
- 'Smooky palooki! This book is well brilliant! Andy Stanton is far too clever and funny and should be locked away in a very dark place that nobody can find' - Jeremy Strong, bestselling author of The-Hundred-A-Mile-An-Hour Dog
- 'They're properly funny, those books' - India Knight, bestselling author of My Life on a Plate
- 'Funny? You bet' - Guardian
- 'Andy Stanton accumulates silliness and jokes in an irresitible, laughter-inducing romp' - Sunday Times
- 'Raucous, revoltingly rambunctious and nose-snortingly funny' - Daily Mail
- 'It provoked long and painful belly laughs from my daughter who is eight' - Daily Telegraph
- 'As always, Stanton has a ball with dialogue, detail and devilish plot twists' - Scotsman
- 'They are fantastic…they are brilliant books for adults to read as well… I fully recommend them' - Zoe Ball live on BBC Radio 2
- 'A riotous read' - Sunday Express', REVIEWS FOR THE RIOTOUSLY FUNNY MR GUM