- In stock
Your Choice Book 2 covers the 2019 Health, Relationships and Sex Education curriculum, offering advice and practical techniques for managing students’ time, money, emotions and health.
4 Star Winner in Health & Wellbeing in the Teach Secondary Awards 2020
Topics are organised into four strands to offer a coherent, progressive PSHE course for Years 7 to 9. Each unit can be taught on its own, at any point during Key Stage 3 that the school thinks is appropriate.
In Student Book 2:
· Personal wellbeing and mental health units focus on increasing self-awareness, building confidence and learning to manage feelings.
· Relationships and sex education units offer guidance on healthy relationships, contraception and safer sex, consent, and how to protect yourself online.
· Physical health and wellbeing units deal with the importance of taking care of your body, and understanding the risks of alcohol, drug-taking and addiction.
· Social education units look outwards to consider attitudes to others and Citizenship topics such as voting, human rights and democracy.
The content has been trialled by a team of PSHE teachers and RSE experts. The series is accompanied by a detailed teacher guide.
- Your Choice creates a safe and healthy context for exploring, sharing and researching the situations students might find themselves in. It helps them identify, assess and managepositive and negative risks, supports enquiring minds, and intelligently connects values, beliefs, decisions and actions.
- ✓ A highly accomplished series for smart decision-making✓ Packed with sophisticated questions and active teaching and learning techniques✓ Helps students differentiate between ‘hot’ and ‘cold’ situations✓ Encourages students to stop and think and make responsible choices
- John Dabell, Teach Secondary review