- In stock
Exam Board: AQA
Level & Subject: AS and A Level Sociology (7191, 7192)
First teaching: September 2015 First exams: June 2017
The most up-to-date coverage and in-depth exam support for AQA A-level Sociology, from the bestselling authors of Sociology: Themes and Perspectives.
Book 2 provides in-depth coverage of AQA’s 2015 specifications, with chapters on Crime and deviance, Theory and methods and Beliefs in society.
- The clear, easy to navigate structure is precisely mapped to the AQA specification, with chapters offering the depth, detail and clarity that students need to analyse and evaluate at the highest levels.
- Support the full range of learners. Regular ‘Summary’ and ‘Key Terms’ boxes recap the main points and terminology for each section to consolidate understanding.
- Detailed evaluation throughout stretches those aiming for the highest grades. In ‘Now and Then’ features, the authors of groundbreaking sociological studies re-evaluate their own work in their own words, helping students assess its relevance to contemporary society.
- Build the skills required for exam success with A-level exam practice questions for each topic, supported by sample responses at different levels for each question and examiner guidance drawn from the findings of the first A-level exams.
- Up-to-date: each Student Book covers the latest research, theoretical developments and studies, as well as government policy. ‘Contemporary issues’ features present up-to-date case studies, articles and data with questions asking students to apply sociological ideas to contemporary society.
- Visually engaging: photographs with captions and activities draw students into topics, while panels from Sociology in Pictures give them a memorable snapshot of key methods and studies.
- ”'I absolutely love Haralambos and Holborn for Sociology. These writes made me fall in love with Sociology as a student many years again and now as an A Level Sociology Teacher they are my go to bible for my lessons. Thank you Haralambos and Holborn… another fine couple books which bring the subject alive.”5* Amazon review.
- ”'Very current and an excellent revision book.”5* Amazon review.
- ”I would recommend these two books (Year 1 and 2) for anyone who is interested in this eye-opening subject. Great to finally have the work updated for the new syllabus.”5* Amazon review.