- Out of stock
Packed with all the essential ingredients that have made Dr. Seuss so well-loved over the last 50 years – riotous rhyme, bizarre creatures, zany artwork, off-the-wall humour – On Beyond Zebra is vintage Seuss at its very best.
The book tells the tale of a young boy’s delight in his alphabet, which starts where our alphabet ends. Carrying on beyond Z for zebra, it begins with the letter Yuzz, for Yuzz-a-ma-Tuzz, a huge hairy creature with big blues eyes. This is followed by Wum, Um, Humpf, Fuddle and Glikk – Glikk as in Glikker, who lives in wild weeds and spends his time juggling with cinnamon seeds.
And so it goes on, full of wild imaginings and hilarious absurdities, helping to instill a love of words and spelling in all young children.
- ”Praise for Dr. Seuss:'[Dr. Seuss] has…instilled a lifelong love of books, learning and reading [in children]”The Telegraph
- ”'Dr. Seuss ignites a child’s imagination with his mischievous characters and zany verses”The Express
- ”'The magic of Dr. Seuss, with his hilarious rhymes, belongs on the family bookshelf”Sunday Times Magazine
- ”'The author… has filled many a childhood with unforgettable characters, stunning illustrations, and of course, glorious rhyme”The Guardian
- ”Praise for And To Think That I Saw it On Mulberry Street:'The cleverest book I have met with for many years. The swing and merriment of the pictures and the natural truthful simplicity of the untruthfulness.”Beatrix Potter, author of The Tale of Peter Rabbit