- Out of stock
In his highly acclaimed Beginner Book series Dr. Seuss combines rhyme, rhythm and repetition with his unique style of zany artwork and off-the-wall humour to create a range of books that make learning to read fun. Here, combined in one volume, are four of his most wacky tales.
Gloriously illustrated in full colour and packed with crazy nonsense and riotous rhyme, this book will encourage even the most reluctant child to learn to read.
Hop on Pop introduces readers to a range of 70 simple rhyming words, each used in short, humorous sentences. The nonsense escalates in Marvin K. Mooney Will You Please Go Now! as the reluctant Marvin is driven to go (presumably to bed!) by whatever means he can muster, be it on stilts, by mail, or even on a lion’s tail.
With an increased vocabulary of over 150 words, Oh, The Thinks You Can Think! encourages readers to explore the fantasy world of their own imaginations. And by the time they turn to I Can Read With My Eyes Shut!, featuring the famous Cat in the Hat, children will almost be able to do just that!
- ”Praise for Dr. Seuss:'[Dr. Seuss] has…instilled a lifelong love of books, learning and reading [in children]”The Telegraph
- ”'Dr. Seuss ignites a child’s imagination with his mischievous characters and zany verses”The Express
- ”'The magic of Dr. Seuss, with his hilarious rhymes, belongs on the family bookshelf”Sunday Times Magazine
- ”'The author… has filled many a childhood with unforgettable characters, stunning illustrations, and of course, glorious rhyme”The Guardian
- ”Praise for And To Think That I Saw it On Mulberry Street:'The cleverest book I have met with for many years. The swing and merriment of the pictures and the natural truthful simplicity of the untruthfulness.”Beatrix Potter, author of The Tale of Peter Rabbit