- Out of stock
“Mister!” He said with a sawdusty sneeze, “I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees.” The original eco warrior, the Lorax’s message rings loud today. In this fable about the dangers of destroying forests, he tries to save the Truffula trees from the greedy Once-ler. Includes a CD performed by the hilarious Rik Mayall, with music and sound effects.
The Lorax is a hilarious story full of Dr. Seuss’s typical zany humour and silly rhymes, and its ecological message packs a punch without feeling heavy-handed or worthy. The Dr Seuss blend of zany pictures and unique rhyme, rhythm and repetition mean that all ages will love and learn from this wonderful book.
- ”Praise for Dr. Seuss:'[Dr. Seuss] has…instilled a lifelong love of books, learning and reading [in children]”The Telegraph
- ”'Dr. Seuss ignites a child’s imagination with his mischievous characters and zany verses”The Express
- ”'The magic of Dr. Seuss, with his hilarious rhymes, belongs on the family bookshelf”Sunday Times Magazine
- ”'The author… has filled many a childhood with unforgettable characters, stunning illustrations, and of course, glorious rhyme”The Guardian
- ”Praise for And To Think That I Saw it On Mulberry Street:'The cleverest book I have met with for many years. The swing and merriment of the pictures and the natural truthful simplicity of the untruthfulness.”Beatrix Potter, author of The Tale of Peter Rabbit