- In stock
Collins Cambridge IGCSE® English as a Second Language Second Edition has been fully updated to match the new Cambridge IGCSE® English as a Second Language syllabus 0510/0511 (for first examination 2019)
Exam Board: Cambridge Assessment International Education
First teaching: 2017 First examination: 2019
• Written by expert English as a Second Language authors and edited by a senior examiner.
• provides in-depth coverage of every aspect of the latest Cambridge IGCSE® English as a Second Language 0510/0511 syllabus for examination from 2019 onwards.
• Student Book combines a course book full of authentic and engaging topics and texts and exam preparation and skills practice all in one
• Support for Core and Extended candidates with Going Further features throughout the
Student Book, practice exam-style questions and sample student answers at both Core
and Extended in the Student Book, and ideas for differentiation in the Teacher Guide
• Engage students with a rich variety of authentic texts and audio (CD-ROM accompanies
the Student Book and Teacher Guide) with a global, multicultural focus
• Further practice for exam and exam-related skills in the write-in Student Workbook
• Additional listening, reading, grammar and vocabulary practice via Collins Connect online platform to further embed the key language from the course. Exercises are auto-marked and are linked to a diagnostic tool which advises on areas for review if needed.
This title is endorsed by Cambridge Assessment International Education.
- ”Review of the First edition of the book: 'The book is very well produced to a high standard. The layout is clear and eye catching as well as visually pleasing and vibrant. The activities seem very appropriate and well designed to allow the under confident learner to progress whilst extending the more able at the top. There is a good emphasis on the key skill areas and well placed opportunities for students to assess and determine their own progress. The chapters allow for the clear indication of learning outcomes and the big tasks are interesting and thought provoking. The grammar issues are all contextual and the content is student friendly. There is a raft of different evidence used to stimulate thought and discussion. The big tasks at the end are relevant and challenging. There is good structure and scaffolding for students in many of the chapters. At the moment the examples are modern and likely to engage student interest. It is also clearly written with the exam in mind and provides lots of good advice and examples. The real life examples appear to be drawn from a wide range of cultural backgrounds.”Ian Clayton, Vice Principal, West Island School