- Out of stock
The essential guide to identifying every species of bird you may see in this area, for tourists and wildlife enthusiasts.
‘Birds of Mexico and Central America’ is the only field guide to illustrate and describe every species of bird you may see in Central America from Mexico to Panama, including Belize, Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador, Nicaragua and Costa Rica.
• Features over 1,500 species
• Text gives information on key identification features, habitat, and songs and calls
• All plumages for each species are illustrated, including those of males, females and juveniles
The 98 colour plates appear opposite their relevant text for quick and easy reference. Distribution maps are included, showing where each species can be found and how common it is, to further aid identification. This comprehensive and highly portable guide is a must for all birdwatchers visiting the region.
- Praise for Collins Illustrated Checklists by Ber van Perlo:
- ‘Very easy to flick through and get a quick impression of what may be unfamiliar families’. Birdwatch magazine
- ‘I found the illustrations and text to be skillfully produced and accurate…the ideal guide to take on your travels’. British Ornithologists Union