- In stock
The home of trusted Italian dictionaries for everyday language learning.
A unique guide to communicating in Italian. It will help you to find out more about Italian culture and to practise your spoken Italian with a free downloadable audio file.
An ideal tool for learners of Italian at all levels, whether at school, in evening classes or at home, and is indispensable for business or leisure.
The text consists of 12 units, each illustrating the language used in a particular situation, followed by a summary which gives all the key phrases covered throughout the book. The One-stop phrase shop unit gives you all the everyday expressions and language structures you need to speak in natural Italian. Finally, the short grammar and verb supplement and the glossary give you further help and ensure that you have everything you need at your fingertips, and the free audio download helps you to communicate with confidence.
• Easy to use: all the phrases you need in order to communicate effectively in natural Italian.
• Easy to read: clear layout ensures that you find what you are looking for quickly and easily.
• Easy to understand: thousands of examples show how Italian is really used.
- very helpful book!In January I purchased "Collins Easy Learning Italian Conversation" as my husband and I had a trip to Italy planned for April.
- We have just returned from our travels, and I wish to let you know that what I learned from this book was very helpful. The subjects covered in the lessons were useful and practical, (greetings, transportation and getting around, meals, shopping, health concerns, various problem situations etc). Also, the information pertaining to grammar provided a good foundation for understanding "the workings" of the language and allowed me to communicate more effectively than if I had simply been reciting key tourist phrases.
- From studying your book, I was very pleased with how much I was able to speak and understand spoken Italian, and with what I was able to read as well. I will add that I speak French, so having this background was very helpful for learning Italian.I also found the "Lifestyle Tips" at the end of each chapter to be very relevant and informative. On a number of occasions we came across lifestyle/cultural practices which were exactly as had been described in the book, and it was great to have been familiarized with them beforehand.
- Thank-you for putting together a most useful, current and easy to use basic guide to Italian. "Collins Easy Learning Italian Conversation" was definitely an asset during our visit to Italy.
- Willow Edwards