- In stock
This brand new, three-level series, provides coverage of the Cambridge Secondary 1 maths curriculum framework. Written by an experienced author team, the series comprises a comprehensive Student Book, extensive Workbook and supportive Teacher Guide.
Student Book 8 provides comprehensive coverage of the Secondary 1 syllabus through 9 topic-based units. The series is influenced by a mastery approach, with topics being thoroughly embedded before learners move on.
• New concepts are presented through worked examples, which lead learners, step-by-step, through the concepts, with clear and detailed explanations.
• Links are made between topics, encouraging learners to build on relevant fluency from previously learnt topics, and practise mathematical concepts in a different context.
• Learners build 21st-century skills such as mental maths strategies, pattern spotting and problem solving, enabling them to talk about mathematics with confidence.
• With challenge questions integrated throughout, learners can deepen their understanding.
• Learners are encouraged to reflect on their learning, in order to build learner independence.
• The series builds on the foundations laid down in primary maths, and prepares learners for embarking on IGCSE maths.
• Provides support as part of a set of resources for the Cambridge Lower Secondary Mathematics curriculum framework from 2011
We are working with Cambridge Assessment International Education towards endorsement of this title.