- In stock
Join best friends Melrose and Croc for a day of sunshine and laughter beside the sea! This glowing picture book from the creator of the Blue Kangaroo series is perfect for sharing with little children who are making friends.
Little Green Croc is in a snappy mood, but Melrose knows that a guessing game and a trip to the seaside will soon have his favourite friend smiling again.
This charming picture book is full of sunshine, brightly capturing the warmth of true friendship. Wonderfully illustrated by Emma Chichester Clark, it’s a perfect addition to the Melrose and Croc series.
A summary on pages 26 and 27 of the clues that Melrose gives Croc provides support for children in recapping the story.
Gold/Band 9 fiction offers developing readers literary language and stories with distinctive characters.
Ideas for reading at the back of the book provide practical support and stimulating activities.
- Praise for ‘Melrose and Croc’:
- 'Full of bright detail, this is a picture book young readers could well dream about as being the next best thing to entering its pages.' The Independent
- 'Two irresistible new characters from the creator of the popular Blue Kangaroo series.' Winter edition, Primary Times
- 'A heart-warming tale of how friendships begin… This book is a wonderful tactile experience, from the shimmery glittery cover… to the gentle watercolours inside, which are printed on the creamiest of papers.' The Irish Times
- 'It delights children but adults will appreciate the period evocation of the festive-season cities and the off-season seaside.' The Sunday Times
- 'Incredibly touching story.' Primary Times
- 'Gorgeous Christmassy story about friendship.' Angels and Urchins
- 'You don't have to get too sentimental to find something special…The light in the illustrations makes this book all the more magical.' Junior
- 'A beautifully illustrated and heart-warming tale.' Family Interest Magazine
- 'This author/illustrator goes from strength to strength… Mouth-watering illustrations, ideal text, two mightily engaging characters – altogether the star on top of the tree.' Carousel