- In stock
Mary Seacole and Edith Cavell risked their lives to look after the wounded and the dying. They proved that bravery in wartime isn’t just about fighting and winning battles.
• White/Band 10 books have more complex sentences and figurative language.
• Text type – A dual biography.
• A glossary on page 29 defines difficult words.
• A timeline on pages 30 and 31 allows children to recap the events of the gallant lives.
• Curriculum links – History: ‘the lives of significant individuals in the past who have contributed to national and international achievements. Some should be used to compare aspects of life in different periods [for example, … Mary Seacole and Edith Cavell].’