- In stock
As five friends paddle around the bay in their dinghy, none of them see a storm coming until it's too late. Swept out to sea, the children end up on a desert island. Follow them in this exciting playscript, as they explore the island and try to find a way to escape - and discover that sometimes it's the most unlikely person who saves the day.
• Gold/Band 9 fiction offers developing readers literary language and stories with distinctive characters.
• Text type: A playscript
• A map of the island on pages 22 and 23 help readers to retrace the events of the play.
• Curriculum links: Citizenship: Taking part – developing skills of communication and participation; Art and design: people in action; Geography: An island home.
• This book has been quizzed for Accelerated Reader.
- This is an exciting play - the rise and fall in tension will keep children enthralled.5to7 Educator