- In stock
The desert is too hot to stand still, so Hoppit and his friends keep moving. As more and more animals join, who knows where they're going to end up! It's a big surprise for everyone except the snake and eagle, who try to warn them what's ahead…Join in the rhythm and rhyme of the animal parade in this poem, written and illustrated by Steve Webb.
- Green/Band 5 books offer early readers patterned language and varied characters.
- Text type: A poem
- Children can follow the animal parade through the desert in the map of their journey on pages 14 and 15.
- Curriculum links: Science: Habitats; Geography: Weather around the world; Music: Feel the pulse.
- This book has been quizzed for Accelerated Reader.
- Bright and expressive illustrations make this book a pleasure to read. The text offers an opportunity to explore rhyming words and could be best used as an introduction to the desert as a habitat.5to7 Educator