- In stock
This comical story is a patterned, counting text about a band of pirates searching for treasure. One-by-one, they get into trouble and make a hasty retreat back to the pirate ship. Helpful vignettes of the pirates at the top of each page help children count how many pirates are left.
- Red B/ Band 2B books offer simple but varied text with familiar objects and actions, combined with simple story development and a satisfying conclusion.
- Text type – A story with predictable structure and patterned language
- The map on pages 14 and 15 shows the trail the pirates take from their ship to the treasure cave and back again, and can be used to help recap and retell the story.
- Paul Shipton is also the author of Collins Big Cat titles See-saw, Get the Fruit! and The Robot.
- This book has been levelled for Reading Recovery.
- This book has been quizzed for Accelerated Reader.