- In stock
How does a yo-yo climb back up its string? Why does a boomerang come back to you? And how does a kaleidoscope work? These and other mind-bending questions are answered in this explanation text about how toys work.
• Gold/Band 9 fiction books offer developing readers literary language and stories with distinctive characters.
• Text type – An explanation text.
• A table on pages 20 and 21 summarises what makes each toy featured in the book work, for example, magnets, friction or gravity. The book includes a glossary and an index on pages 22 and 23. Both provide lots of opportunities to check comprehension and stimulate work outside the reading session.
•Curriculum links – Art and design: Investigate materials; Science: Forces and movement.
• This book has been levelled for Reading Recovery.
• This book has been quizzed for Accelerated Reader.