- In stock
Hansel and Gretel are left all alone in the Brown Wood, and have to try to find their way home. This retelling of the Grimm fairytale is by award-winning author, Malachy Doyle.
- Blue / Band 4 – A traditional story
- Text type – Fiction
- The focus phonemes in this book are oy, ir, au (Paul), al, aw and air.
- Use the story map on the final spread to discuss Hansel and Gretel’s route home.
- This title is paired with a non-fiction book on a similar theme: Birds by Jilly MacLeod.
- This book has been quizzed for Accelerated Reader.