- Out of stock
Meet Skulduggery Pleasant: detective, magician, warrior. Oh yes, and dead.
Stephanie's uncle Gordon is a writer of horror fiction. But when he dies and leaves her his estate, Stephanie learns that while he may have written horror, it certainly wasn't fiction.
Pursued by evil forces intent on recovering a mysterious key, Stephanie finds help from an unusual source – the wisecracking skeleton of a dead wizard.
When all hell breaks loose, it's lucky for Skulduggery that he's already dead. Though he's about to discover that being a skeleton doesn't stop you from being tortured, if the torturer is determined enough. And if there's anything Skulduggery hates, it's torture… Will evil win the day? Will Stephanie and Skulduggery stop bickering long enough to stop it? One thing's for sure: evil won't know what's hit it.
- Hugely enjoyable - a thrill-a-minute adventure.' Jonathan Stroud
- 'It's exciting, pacy, nicely handled and fun. I sincerely hope Landy revisits these characters.'Philip Ardagh, Guardian
- 'A gripping debut.'Phil Hogan, Observer
- 'Skulduggery Pleasant serves up a thoroughly satisfying blend of humour, magic and adventure. Once you've met Stephanie and Skullduggery, you'll be clamouring for a sequel.' Rick Riordan
- "A remarkably accomplished debut with wonderful dialogue."Robert Dunbar, Irish Times
- ”[Landy's] fight scenes are perfectly pitched. His characters are exceptionally well drawn and delightfully colourful… Reading [this book] is like riding a rollercoaster.”Irish Independent