- In stock
Build your child’s reading confidence at home with books at the right level
In Selim-Hassan the Seventh, a teenager is determined not to follow in his father’s footsteps (but his great-great-great-great grandfather has other ideas). In The Wall, a young nomadic girl is determined to return her grandmother to the land of her birth, across the Great Wall of China.
- Diamond/Band 17 books offer more complex, underlying themes to give opportunities for children to understand causes and points of view.
- Two alternative career paths for Selim-Hasan on pages 54 and 55 help children to discuss the options that Selim-hassan had and the decisions he made.
- Text type: Two stories from other cultures
- Curriculum links: Geography: Passport to the world; Citizenship: Living in a diverse world.
- This book has been quizzed for Accelerated Reader.