- In stock
A boy takes home a seal skull that he finds at the beach. It has dark, empty eyes that stare back at him. Now a storm is brewing and his room is filled with shadows – will he be able to calm the storm? This mysterious story by Anne Curtis is evocatively illustrated by Chris Corner.
- Collins Big Cat Progress builds confidence, helping struggling pupils not only to read, but to love reading
- Dual-banded books provide age-appropriate interest level material matched with a lower reading ability level
- Every book is levelled by reading expert Cliff Moon to ensure precise, systematic, measurable progression to help close the ability gap
- The books use a range of reading strategies: phonic, graphic, syntactic and contextual to build confident, accurate, fluent readers
- Designed to build speaking and listening skills, as well as reading skills, the books are highly visual and include incredible illustrations and photographs
- Every book has a Key Stage 2 look-and-feel to engage older pupils and avoid stigmatisation
- Topics are relevant for children in years 3-6 and connected to the curriculum and framework objectives for these years to support inclusion
- Progress titles contain a Reader Response page to encourage the pupil to respond to and recall what they have read. This offers an ideal opportunity to check comprehension
- Ideas for Reading, written by primary literacy expert Gill Howell are included in the back of every book to help you support the reading needs of each child
- This book has been quizzed for Accelerated Reader.