- In stock
When a wee mouse meets a big, hungry monster on the road, he needs to think fast. This is a lively retelling of a traditional story by Martin Waddell.
- Red / Band 2B – A traditional story
- Text type – Fiction
- The focus phonemes in this book are sh, er, oa and ng. Other phonemes practised are ou (ground), th (this), th (thin), ee, w, oo (look), ie (lie) and ch.
- Children can compare and contrast the two main characters using the character summaries on the final spread.
- Martin Waddell also wrote Yellow 3 Horse Up a Tree and Blue 4 The Small Bun.
- This book has been quizzed for Accelerated Reader.