- In stock
EXPANDED AND REVISED
“This is a great guide to the night sky at a great price”
The bestselling, practical guide to the planets, stars and constellations visible from the northern hemisphere. 6 pages per month January-December 2020. An easy introduction to stargazing and a useful reference for seasoned astronomers.
Designed for Britain and Ireland but usable anywhere in the world between 40°N and 60°N, covering most of Europe, southern Canada and the northern United States.
Written and illustrated by astronomical experts, Storm Dunlop and Wil Tirion, and approved by the astronomers of the Royal Observatory Greenwich.
• Advice on where to start looking
• Easy-to-use star maps for each month with descriptions of what to see
• NEW Special, detailed charts for positions of planets, minor planets and comets in 2020
• NEW Seasonal charts
• NEW Details of dark sky sites
• Details of objects and events you might see in 2020
- “A handy and straightforward guide … attractive little booklet” British Astronomical Association's 'Journal'
- “an ideal Christmas stocking-filler” David Stickland, The Observatory
- “This is a great guide to the night sky at a great price” Astronomy Now
- “a compact and comprehensive introduction to astronomy”Lunar and Planetary Laboratory Bulletin
- “a fabulous introduction for new astronomers and sky watchers who don’t want to miss a thing”Lunar and Planetary Laboratory Bulletin
- "The handy reference amateur astronomers grab when they head out to do some skywatching."Lunar and Planetary Laboratory Bulletin