- Out of stock
Exam Board: AQALevel & Subject: AS and A-level Sociology (7191, 7192)First teaching: September 2015 First exams: June 2017
The most up-to-date coverage and in-depth exam support for AQA A-level Sociology, from the bestselling authors of Sociology: Themes and Perspectives.
This Student Book provides in-depth coverage of AQA’s 2015 specifications, with chapters on Education, Research methods, Methods in context and Families and households.
•The clear, easy to navigate structure is precisely mapped to the AQA specification, with chapters offering the depth, detail and clarity that students need to analyse and evaluate at the highest levels.•Support the full range of learners. Regular ‘Summary’ and ‘Key Terms’ boxes recap the main points and terminology for each section to consolidate understanding.•Detailed evaluation throughout stretches those aiming for the highest grades. In ‘Now and Then’ features, the authors of groundbreaking sociological studies re-evaluate their own work in their own words, helping students assess its relevance to contemporary society.•Build the skills required for exam success with AS and A-level exam practice questions for each topic, supported by sample responses at different levels for each question and examiner guidance drawn from the findings of the first AS and A-level exams.•Up-to-date: each Student Book covers the latest research, theoretical developments and studies, as well as government policy. ‘Contemporary issues’ features present up-to-date case studies, articles and data with questions asking students to apply sociological ideas to contemporary society.•Visually engaging: photographs with captions and activities draw students into topics, while panels from Sociology in Pictures give them a memorable snapshot of key methods and studies.
- ”'The best textbook for AQA Sociology!”5* Amazon review
- ”'These two books are probably the best introductions to sociology that I’ve come across. The writing is always clear and easy to understand throughout, which is not usually the case with other, similar-type publications, where some topics often seem much more demanding than others. Haralambos and Holborn write in such a manner that many of the complexities of the subject seem almost to disappear, as each topic is clearly presented, explained and dissected, with lots of learning devices used within the texts to help consolidate one’s learning. Even when the topic is as demanding as methodology or sociological theory, these authors never fail to deliver. The books also cover a great deal sociological research, with both classical studies mixed in with up to date, recent research.But not only that, they bring the subject to life, making it interesting and memorable for readers.Great to finally have the work updated for the new syllabus.”5* Amazon review.
- ”'Kings of Sociology…. Haralambos and Holborn… coming from an A Level Sociology Teacher.”5* Amazon review.
- ”'This is a beautiful book, not just in appearance but in its functionality. It offers both range and depth of coverage in a style and format that is accessible to all students of sociology, of all abilities. It is an intelligently written book which engages the reader with stimulating images and well-designed consolidation activities throughout. This is the ideal book for skills-development, particularly application, analysis and evaluation which many texts fail to address. A brilliant book, long overdue!”Chris Deakin, Head of Sociology at Banbury Academy.
- ”'Haralambos and Holborn continue to set the standard in Sociology textbooks. This new book is certainly one of the best I've come across and the style, layout and illustrations make it a great exam preparation.”Dr P. McGovern, Amazon Review.