- In stock
Exam board: AQA
Level & subject: GCSE Sociology
First teaching: September 2017 First exams: June 2019
Get your students engaging with the 2017 specification: all the knowledge and skills students need to succeed set out in clear, approachable lessons packed full of activities and support.
The third edition of this trusted textbook has been fully updated to provide complete coverage of the 2017 AQA Sociology specification, with fresh, contemporary case studies, engaging activities and a focus on research skills, theory and making connections between topics.
- Fully matched to the 2017 AQA specification including coverage of all key terms and concepts
- New ‘Focus on theory’ activities get students thinking about the various theories and approaches in sociology
- New ‘Focus on skills’ discussion and written activities equip students with the skills they need for their exams
- New ‘Focus on research’ activities have been carefully developed to equip students to hone their research skills for example by designing research or answering questions on an extract from a piece of research
- Coverage of all key sociologists in the 2017 specification readings clearly highlighted in the ‘Focus on key thinkers’ feature
- Exam-style questions, sample answers and helpful examiner commentary for each AQA topic show students how to do well in exams and avoid common pitfalls
- Clear differentiation for each lesson including stretch and challenge activities to provide support for students of all abilities
- Students are encouraged to identify links between topics and perspectives, and reflect upon them with our new ‘Making connections’ feature
- Written by an author team with significant teaching and examining experience
- Accompanying Teacher Guide provides additional activities and exam-focussed support for every chapter in the Student Book.
- ”'Collins AQA GCSE 9-1 Sociology has eased my fears over delivering the content of the new GCSE spec. I love the layout and how attractive it looks. The stretch tasks and focus on exam skills sections are spot on for students. The Weber section is exceptionally accessible, as is the conflict and consensus debate which are not the easiest of concepts to get across at A-level, never mind at GCSE.”- Charlotte Belmore, Saint Benedict CVA
- ”'New to AQA GCSE Sociology, this book has been a big help when planning the new specification. The specification’s focus on key thinkers and integrating research methods into topics are less intimidating now due to this textbook. The works of the 25 key thinkers that the students are required to know are explained in student-friendly language. Exam questions for each topic as well as in a chapter of its own will give my students plenty of practice. I also really appreciate the detailed glossary included in the book. The book has a clear layout and is contemporary with research and statistics. I will definitely be using this textbook with my students next year!”- Subject Performance Leader for Sociology, The South Wolds Academy
- ”'Collins AQA GCSE 9-1 Sociology is a really accessible resource with engaging questions and clearly laid out content.”- Eleanor Johnson, Sociology Teacher, Nene Park Academy
- ”'Collins AQA GCSE 9-1 Sociology closely matches the AQA specification, which is key for teachers when delivering content. The material is at the right level for students with key points providing further support. The language and vocabulary are easily accessible to students whilst including all the relevant sociological concepts.”- Sophie Cantwell, Teacher, Staffordshire