- Out of stock
What do you want to do when you grow up? A ticket taker… a pizza maker…? A wrestler, a writer or maybe a waiter? A whole host of silly and sensible options dances before your eyes in this rhythmic, rhyming cavalcade of jobs.
This title belongs to the highly acclaimed Beginner Book series developed by Dr. Seuss, in which the essential ingredients of rhyme, rhythm and repetition are combined with zany artwork and off-the-wall humour to create a range of books that will encourage even the most reluctant child to read.
Originally published under the pseudonym of Theo LeSieg, Maybe You Should Fly a Jet! Maybe You Should Be a Vet! is being relaunched with a stylish new cover design which reveals, for the first time, the true identity of the author – Dr. Seuss himself!
- ”Praise for Dr. Seuss:'[Dr. Seuss] has…instilled a lifelong love of books, learning and reading [in children]”The Telegraph
- ”'Dr. Seuss ignites a child’s imagination with his mischievous characters and zany verses”The Express
- ”'The magic of Dr. Seuss, with his hilarious rhymes, belongs on the family bookshelf”Sunday Times Magazine
- ”'The author… has filled many a childhood with unforgettable characters, stunning illustrations, and of course, glorious rhyme”The Guardian
- ”Praise for And To Think That I Saw it On Mulberry Street:'The cleverest book I have met with for many years. The swing and merriment of the pictures and the natural truthful simplicity of the untruthfulness.”Beatrix Potter, author of The Tale of Peter Rabbit