Exam board: AQA
Level & subject: GCSE Sociology
First teaching: September 2017 First exams: June 2019
Develop the knowledge and skills you need to succeed in the AQA GCSE exams.
The third edition of this popular textbook has been fully updated to provide complete coverage of the 2017 AQA Sociology specification, with fresh, contemporary case studies, engaging activities and a focus on research skills, theory and making connections between topics.
• Fully matched to the 2017 AQA specification including coverage of all key terms and concepts
• New Focus on theory’ activities get students thinking about the various theories and approaches in sociology
• New Focus on skills’ discussion and written activities equip students with the skills they need for their exams
• New Focus on research’ activities have been carefully developed to equip students to hone their research skills for example by designing research or answering questions on an extract from a piece of research
• Coverage of all key sociologists in the 2017 specification readings clearly highlighted in the Focus on key thinkers’ feature
• Exam-style questions, sample answers and helpful examiner commentary for each AQA topic show students how to do well in exams and avoid common pitfalls
• Clear differentiation for each lesson including stretch and challenge activities
• Students are encouraged to identify links between topics and perspectives, and reflect upon them with our new Making connections’ feature
• Written by an author team with significant teaching and examining experience
• Accompanying Teacher Guide provides additional activities and exam-focussed support for every chapter in the Student Book.
No current reviews
No free resources available.